Sunday, February 7, 2016

Recipe Review: Breakfast Bowls

So, I recently gave up energy bars, which used to be my quick weekend breakfast.  What to replace it with?  Well, for a couple of weeks, muffins!  I love muffins and have a variety of muffin cookbooks and will continue to keep them on hand (in the freezer). Then, I spotted a recipe from Running with Spoons (site has been slow for me) for a Brownie Batter Breakfast Bowl.  
Brownie Batter Breakfast Bowl
It has chocolate and oatmeal and basically is one serving.  I'm one person and this was an opportunity for a hot breakfast that looked easy to do.  And, how can you turn down chocolate for breakfast? Better yet, baked in the oven, not the microwave, which for some reason is my preference.  So, I gave it a try one night (yes, it was dinner).  Tasty.  I made it again yesterday for breakfast, with more maple syrup (the recipe has a range based on preference) and using quick oats.  Very Tasty.

Oatmeal Cookie Dough Breakfast
Bake
This morning, I tried another breakfast bowl - Oatmeal Cookie Dough Breakfast Bake.  Tasty as well.  I do believe, I've come upon my weekend breakfast solutions.

If you know of similar recipes, please share.

No comments: