Monday, May 27, 2013

Book Review: Tall Tales and Wedding Veils by Jane Graves

Tall Tales and Wedding VeilsTall Tales and Wedding Veils by Jane Graves
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first book I’ve read by Jane Graves and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I don’t normally read Romance, but I’d say this is more chick-lit than romance.  No matter, it was a fun read.

The premise is straight laced Heather impulsively weds future bar owner Tony.  Copious amounts of liquor were involved.  They set out to dissolve the whole thing, but Heather’s family is so excited over the marriage, that Tony offers to ride out the “marriage” until the annulment comes through, letting Heather be the one to end it all and thus save face.  It goes from there.

The characters in this book were well done and believable, though aspects of the story were totally cliche.  For example, Heather isn’t exactly a twig, though she’s not super heavy.  She also not a beauty though she’s not plain.  Average would be a good description.   Tony is gorgeous and somewhat of a ladies man and maybe a tad shallow.  What I loved most about this book is Tony could have been a complete cad, however, he was a good guy to start with and by the end, he had certainly learned to look beyond the surface.  Heather also grew in similar ways.

As someone who’s lived in Plano, Texas, I also enjoyed the setting.  Overall, while this is a bit of a fluff read, it was an enjoyable read.  Recommended for anyone who’s looking for a super good, light read.


View all my reviews

No comments: