Monday, September 15, 2008

Spiders... ick!

Yep, tonight, I was gazing out my patio door, enjoying the view, when it was marred by not one but two spiders! And, one had created the most ginormous spider web; the web of the other was running a close second. I swear it had to be the width of the patio.

If you've read this blog for any amount of time you know I don't like bugs, especially spiders. I thought drat, this is when one needs a husband, boyfriend, anyone not freaked out by spiders. I didn't want to leave them there. So, armed with Raid (which I regret isn't all that eco-friendly) I killed them, then knocked down the webs. I'm proud of myself about this, but now freely acknowledge that I'll be paranoid for quite some time. Hopefully, the winter will be really cold and kill any that could be just waiting to adorn my balcony.

Funny thing is, on Saturday, I knocked down the same type of spider trying to build a web on the back of my car! I don't need a little spider beasty thing crawling up my leg while I'm driving. So, in three days, three spiders. This is not a good thing.

No comments: