Sunday, February 24, 2008

Morning visitors....

I opened my back door this morning to test the temperature and realized I had visitors - birds! At the bird feeder. Finally! It's only taken MONTHS for them to find me. I had to take the pictures through the window, so I hope the it shows up okay on the blog.

It seems like there are millions of birds around here. Leaving dinner one night in town, a "swarm" was looking for a place to land. Birds everywhere... parts of the sky were black with them. The power lines were solid with them, the trees, and even spots of grass. It was really interesting to watch. And, I've seen it more than once.

Given that there are millions of birds, I was wondering why they weren't checking out the feeders in my back yard. So, I was thrilled to see them. I pointed them out to kitty cat, but she seemed unimpressed. Eventually she did realize what I was pointing out and settled in the window to watch.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

brooke said...

claps hands. you can now have dinner and a show.