Friday, September 28, 2007

7 Random Facts...

A fellow blogger got tagged for seven random facts. She didn't exactly tag me, but I was curious to know if I could come up with seven random facts. Here they are:

1. I have literally moved cross country twice and made four major moves (to different states) in eight years.
2. I have lived in six different states.
3. I attended the 1986 World's Fair in Vancouver.
4. My current profession is my 3rd profession - I started out working for the Air Force (Civil Service) and then worked in the software industry.
5. I spent my childhood spending the week in the city and the weekends on my family's farm (complete with cows and gardens)
6. Sherlock Holmes remains my favorite detective
7. I rarely vacation, but have been to Mexico and Germany. Would love to visit Scotland and Ireland.

Well, there they are. I did come up with seven. If you see this and are of a mind, consider yourself tagged.

On an ending note, we rarely see anything about the World's Fair anymore, so I did some checking. Wound up in Wikipedia, of course, and found that the last one was in 2005 in Aichi, Japan. The organization that handles it is the Bureau International des Expositions (BIE). For the 21st century they moved to sanction expos every 5 years. In 2001, the US withdrew it's membership from the BIE. The US Pavilion at the 2005 expo was privately funded. Participation in the BIE is funded by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Complete Wikipedia article on World Expo's is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Fair#USA_membership

No comments: