Thursday, March 22, 2007

I did it...

Probably not what you think. This past Tuesday, in addition to the Camp 24 class (the one with the core board), I did the 30 Minute step class before it. I was surprised and pleased to learn that doing a step class is like riding a bike, you don't really forget how to do it. For the most part, I kept up. I did get turned around a couple of times, but I followed the routines pretty darn well for someone who hasn't done a step class in probably 6 or 7 years. And, I enjoyed it! Probably more so than the core board class, though that one has some nice toning and balance exercises in it. I'm even considering trying the 30 minute Step Jam class on Thursdays. Not tonight though as I meet with my personnel trainer. The room for the class was exceptionally warm and humid (and it takes a lot for me to say that), so I was very hot by the time I was done with two classes. But, I felt great.

It's been going well with the trainer. After tonight I have one more session. We went over a suggested nutrition plan last week. Gads... 4 meals. I've learned I don't do well with that. They also suggested egg white omelets. Uh no... I want the protein. I did decide I would no longer make my snacks sweet per se, but keep them on the level of fruit or yogurt or peanut butter crackers or something like that. I did get bananas and grapes at the store this week and was extra pleased to find Yoplait's Lite Thick and Creamy in Orange flavor. It's my favorite. I baked muffins this weekend (poppyseed), but over half the batter was turned into mini-muffins. I'm finding two mini-muffins is just enough for a quick snack. And, the grapes are the larger, sweet ones. I very much like grapes, but not the sour ones (no one does, I guess). So, I'm enjoying them. I've found this week that I actually packed too much food, so today I cut back a bit. I'll alternate the yogurt and afternoon fruit. And, I'm drinking water with lunch, so that's a step toward more water.

No comments: