Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What's that noise?

Okay, I admit, after four days of listening to them drill a gas well, I'm a little paranoid. So at 6:30 this morning when I heard who knows what kind of engine sound, I admit I was a bit afraid that they were drilling again. That somehow they didn't finish.

Ummm... that wasn't it. Have I mentioned that I'm in a new neighborhood. Not all the houses are built. The cold weather slowed them down a bit, but apparently they are getting back into the swing of it full force. I'm all for this as I still don't have major warm fuzzies for the neighborhood. I think this will be resolved when it's "complete." They did just finish building a nice two story across the street and I noticed the past couple of days lot prep for two more. The noise this morning - a crane! I've lived in "being built" subdivisions, but have never seen them bring in a crane. Concrete trucks were also present (and generating some noise) and on the way to work this morning, a little further up the street was a backhoe. I doubt it will be a quite day there. Again, I understand the building and want them to get done. But, 6:30 am? I just hope they are a bit more considerate on the weekend. In prior neighborhoods with building going on, they didn't start till about 8:00 am on the weekend. And that was just basically hammering. Not a great start time, but better than 6:30 in the morning.

The fun will start when they begin building the house on the empty lot next to me. I'm both ready for it and dreading it at the same time.

No comments: