Sunday, February 25, 2007

Gym, part II

Well, last Monday I decided to go look at one more gym. Actually, it's the same gym (chain), one chain later, that I joined when I moved to TX the first time in 1996. From looking at their website, I had hopes. Several half hour classes in the early evening, 5:00 or 5:30, and a 6:00 yoga class one night a week. Most yoga classes are offered at 7:00 or 8:00 pm or in the mornings. Either I'm home for the evening or I'm at work at those times, so they never really worked for me. This gym also seemed to have a good variety of classes and it had a pool with sauna, steam room, and hot tub. I like using the sauna every so often. So, after work I stopped by.

I'm glad I did. I liked the gym. It's not as close to my house as I wanted, but it is easily accessible from the house and right on the way home. Also, they are building a new club very close to where I live and the membership can be transferred. Another plus, $5 off/month for President's Day and no contract. There was a joining fee, but it was reasonable and with no contract, I'm happy.

After two months of not working out, I'm easing my way back into it. So, I worked out one day last week and am hoping to do 3 days this week. One night I'm planning to check out the 30 minute "bootcamp" style class. I'm looking forward to getting back to regular exercise.

No comments: