Sunday, February 25, 2018

Recipe Review: Banoffee Scones

It's been awhile since I've posted a recipe review. I have been baking, but not blogging my efforts. Some are go to recipes, like this Peach Vanilla Muffin recipe, from Inspired Taste.  I can't believe I haven't reviewed this recipe on the blog. It is one of my favorite muffin recipes (and I'm a connoisseur of muffins). I love peaches and this recipe uses a fresh peach. Next time I bake them, the review will be done.   

Banoffee Scone (w/ chocolate chips rather than toffee)
Recently, I've been visiting a bakery next to my office (there's not much in the way of food near my office). I only get their poppyseed scone and they've not had them on a regular basis lately. Then, I realized, I love to bake so why not make my own? Which was my goal today. But, I had bananas, so I set out to find a banana scone recipe.  I did not find any in my cookbooks, but the good folks at King Arthur had this recipe. So today, I'm reviewing scones - Banoffee Scones, only mine are not really Banoffee - banana and toffee.  I'm not a huge fan of toffee, hence I don't have any. So, I used chocolate chips instead (Enjoy Life Dairy Free mini chocolate chips). I also used Hemp milk, and half margarine/half butter and two small bananas.  I did brush with milk (hemp) and sprinkle turbinado sugar on the top before baking. I have to say, I'm happy with the results and am glad to have another banana recipe. I'll be doing these again.  If you've looking for something different to bake with your bananas, give this recipe a try.

No comments: