Sunday, January 1, 2012

Past and Present...

Happy New Year! I sorta started the New Year with a walk down memory lane. I've been meaning for a while now to stop by the Goodwill store and pick up a few extra teaspoons, for scooping wet cat food, and a few extra forks, for taking to work since I take my lunch pretty much every day. I've also realized that with cooking more, one uses more utensils. As a single woman, I don't run the dishwasher every day, so I figured some extras would be useful.

I mentioned this to my Mom, who said she'd brought back silverware from back in the day from our farm. OMG! What fun and what memories! Yes, I remembered the silverware and of course, it brought back memories from past meals from various occasions when we still had a small house there... many, many years ago. 


It made me think about how time marches on, but it was also fun to walk down memory lane. And, in a way, it made me look forward to everything that is yet to come - in this new year and in the coming years.  

I wish everyone all the best in 2012!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh.... nothing like the memories of gathering around a table of home-cooked foods. Enjoy your "new" flatware!